Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The radishes have sprouted!


I am thrilled to report that the radishes have sprouted! I was beginning to lose hope, but every single germinated radish has now sprouted. I planted them 2-3 inches apart and I really don't want to thin them, so hopefully this is enough room.

Still no sign of the salad greens, but according to the package it can take up to 15 days for germination, so hopefully they will sprout soon.

This weekend I plan to get a couple more beds ready, and then valentines/president's day weekend will be super planting weekend!

I always take a three day weekend for president's day - that is when I always prune the rosebushes, but this year I'm taking a four day weekend and I plan to plant the pea seeds then.

I will start some spinach this weekend or next also.

I think there will be a trip to the local nursery sometime for a few more seed packets. The last couple of days have been sunny, and that's making me hopeful for an early spring - I guess it depends on which groundhog you're counting on for your forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment